- Inspect your roof at least twice a year, in wet and dry weather.
- Temporary repairs are better than doing nothing.
- Replacement roofs should match the original material, colour and design.
- Heritage roofs need to breathe – don’t over-insulate.
- Read the Region of Waterloo’s Practical Guide to Roofs [pdf].
- Below is a list of practitioners who claim to have experience with heritage properties.
- It is not an endorsement or recommendation.
- Please check references and previous work before engaging anyone.
- Before you start work, please read this advice from heritage property owners who learned the hard way.